Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

Madden NFL 2010 on the Xbox 360

I have to admit that I am enjoying playing Madden NFL 2010.  I was playing against the computer at first but now I am trying to build a good record online.  So far I have played 7 games and I am still winning.  My favorite team is the Indianapolis Colts and I use their offensive and defensive playbook.  But of the 7 games that I have played, there were only 3 that the opponent decided to finished the whole thing while the others where disconnections.  I have had 4 opponents quit in the middle of the game and I just finished playing against the computer to build my record.

Yesterday I had a very good match against the New Englad Patriots.  I could not stop Brady passing the ball all over me on the first two quarters.  I was able to get an interception on the third and a fumball that gave me the lead by a tochdown and a field goal.  Then the opponent decided to quit and I fnished the game with the  computer.  I have to say that this year's madden is pretty cool and has nice features.  There are a few drawbacks that I would like to point out:

1. Why does the game does not show the player get in the end zone when someone is trying to tackle him on the first or second yard?  It looks like EA prefers to show the animation of the judges deciding whether it is a touchdown or not, rather than seeing the player get in the end zone.  I hate that.  I would prefer to see the judges in a half screen trying to decide while the instant replays plays constantly on the other half so that we can see what the decision should be.

2. I am not sure if this is suppose to be like that but I "Paused" the game to go for a challenge and decided not to but tried to "Paused" the game again because I had a change of heart and it would not let me Paused anymore. Weird and annoying.

3. Challenging play replays are too fast with some weird angles that you can't even tell what the right call should be.  I think that EA Sports still needs to master this.

Things that I like:

1. Running backs break tackles pretty frequently.  I still have to master this since many running backs run through my defenders unless I tackle them at an angle with a low hit stick.  Don't have this feature since I use it to my advantage.

2. Wildcat.  I do not have the wildcat but I know that it is pretty powerful running game.  It seems like everyone has a blocker in front and I struggled to stop it.  I did a lot of practice and I have a few tricks to make the opponent think twice about running the Wildcat on me.  I will be posting a full article about stopping the Wildcat.

3. Quaterback passing.  This year's version is awesome and realistic.  I like the fact that quaterbacks get hit and they can still try to throw the ball.  Also, sliding inside and outside the pocket before a sack is pretty nice.  My opponent yesterday avoided two sacks when sliding inside the pocket.  I still need more practice to master my quaterback on this feature to give my wide receivers more time to get open.

That's it for now.  I will keep updating everyone as I keep playing the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment